I did a decent amount of stitching, all while watching Sherlock Holmes (both Benedict Cumberbatch & Jeremy Brett versions).
I was hoping to get more done than this, but I had so much trouble. First I had a problem with the fabric fitting into the frame. I miscalculated and started too close to the edge. :-/ I don’t think it will affect framing it, but it was a pain trying to stitch without the frame. I ended up adding a bit of duct tape to lengthen the side so it would fit. I know that's not the best thing to do, but it worked like a charm and didn't unravel when I removed it.
Then, I was almost finished stitching the bottom square’s border when I realized I had stitched the top one wrong. It was over one row too far on the right. I only noticed when I couldn’t get the bottom border to line up correctly. I then had to frog the right side of both squares and start over. Argh!
But I am happy to have finished two squares. Only eight more to go! :

Ouch on the frogging. :( That really blows. This is really cute, good luck with the other 8 squares. :D
ReplyDeleteLoooooove BC's Sherlock. Haven't seen the JB version.